Download our brochure

Master of Science in Civil Engineering - Megastructure Engineering with Sustainable Resources

Start of studies & enrolment

The study programme starts each year in September. A start in the second semester (January) is not possible.

There are two application rounds:

  • Round 1 is from January until end of April. (Both European and Non-EU students)
  • Round 2 is from end of April until end of July. (Only European students)

It is recommended to apply as soon as possible due to the limited number of places.

It is recommended to always apply in the first round, even when the Bachelor isn't finished yet. In that case first send in your last mark sheet. The final University Diploma and Marks sheet can be sent in until the first week of September (All European students) or the first week of May (Non-EU students).

Due to the time limit and due to availability after the first round, the second round is only foreseen for students who do not need to obtain a visa. Indeed, non-EU students have to realise that obtaining a visa can take sometimes several months.

Furthermore, it’s preferable to send the application for student housing as soon as possible to obtain the most favorable answer.

If the number of applicants exceeds 25 students, they will be selected according to their academic record, motivation letter and potential reference letter.

The study is full time; no part time study is possible.

1) The enrolment requires online applicaton where the following documents are needed:

  • 1 ID photo
  • 1 copy of ID or passport
  • 1 copy (both sides) of health insurance / social security card + validity date (Non-EU students can get this in Luxembourg)
  • 1 copy of the University diploma(s) including grading (+ official translation if other languages than French, German or English)
  • A one page motivation letter;
  • A detailed CV;
  • A certificate in mathematics from GRE should be added to your documents;
  • Letters of recommendation can be added as an option;
  • Only in case of doubt about the level of English of the applicant, we can ask for a B2-certificate (or TOEFL).

2) Also a paper file including the above list of documents must be sent in to the attention of the SEVE (Student administration) .