Page d'accueil // Formations // Doctoral Edu... // Doctoral Education Agreement

Doctoral Education Agreement

Starting in 2020, a doctoral education agreement will be set up for each new doctoral candidate.

The Doctoral Education Agreement (DEA) lays out the frame for enrolment in the Doctoral programmes at the University of Luxembourg and has been drawn up in accordance with the University Law, the Internal Regulations (Règlement d’Ordre Intérieur), and the Study Regulations (Règlement des Etudes) in force. The objectives of the DEA are to describe and regulate the rights and obligations of the doctoral candidate and the (Co)supervisors. It should be set up at the latest 6 months after the start of studies (study regulations, art. 47).

The Research and Training Plan (RTP) is an annexe to the DEA and lists the training components and the corresponding ECTS and any additional requirements for the Doctoral Candidate in accordance with the specificities of the Doctoral Programme, consisting of both research and training components. The RTP should be set up by the Doctoral Candidate and the (Co)-Supervisor(s) at the latest 6 months after the registration of the candidate in the Doctoral Programme. It shall be updated each year following the candidate’s annual CET (comité d’encadrement de thèse/ thesis supervision committee) meetings. Updates and amendments to the RTP are proposed by the CET and the Doctoral Candidate following a CET meeting. In the CET presentation, the candidate will report on the status of his/her research and the future research plan as well as on completed and planned trainings.

The last CET meeting approves that all requirements of the RTP have been fulfilled, which is a condition for the defence authorisation.

Please download a PDF version of the DEA here for information. Do not complete this PDF. The office of doctoral studies will contact the doctoral candidates 4-6 weeks after enrolment, to invite them to complete the DEA.

Doctoral candidates: If you need more information, please contact your supervisor, your Doctoral School secretariat or