Forthcoming PhD Defences in 2017:
- Agustin Ambrossio: Non-Monotonic Logics for Access Control: Delegation Revocation and Distributed Policies (May 4)
- Javed Ahmed: An Ontological Framework for Social Relationship Modeling in Online Social Networks (September)
Remark: The PhD program at the University of Luxembourg exists since 2005. The following list is incomplete.
- Dr. Marc van Zee: Rational Architecture: Reasoning about Enterprise Dynamics.
- Dr. Shyam Wagle: SLA Violation Detection Model and SLA Assured Service Brokering (SLaB) in Multi-Cloud Architecture.
- Dr. Anh Quan Nguyen: Mullti-Objective Cloud Brokering Optimization Taking into Account Uncertainty and Load Prediction.
- Dr. Ana-Maria Simionovici: Load prediction and balancing for cloud-based voice-over-ip solutions.
- Dr. Alessio Antonini: FirstLife: building a technological platform for supporting urban networks and institutions cooperation in daily activities.
- Dr. Llio Humphreys: Populating legal ontologies with information extraction based on semantic role labeling and text similarity
- Dr. Claudio Fiandrino: Energy-efficient communications in cloud, mobile cloud and fog computing.
- Dr. Sune S. Nielsen: Diversity preserving genetic algorithms application to the inverted folding problem and analogous formulated benchmarks.
- Dr. Dimitrios Kampas: Topic Identification considering word order in Markov Chains.
- Dr. Sviatlana Höhn: Data-driven repair models for text chat with language learners.
- Dr. Yu Li: Mathematical Modelling of Network Traffic.
- Dr. Agata Grzybek: Community-based vehicular networks for traffic information systems.
- Dr. Jakub Muszynski: Cheating –Tolerance of Parallel and Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Desktop Grids and Volunteer Computing System
- Dr. Mikolaj Podlaszewski: Poles Apart: Navigating the Space of Opinions in Argumentation
- Dr. Silvano Colombo Tosatto: Proving Regulatory Compliance: Business Processes, Logic, Complexity
- Dr. Mateusz Guzek: Holistic, Autonomic, and Energy-aware Resource Allocation in Cloud Computing.
- Dr. Tjitze Rienstra: Argumentation in Flux: Models of Change in the Theory of Argumentation.
- Dr. Apostolos Stathakis: Satellite Payload Reconfiguration Optimisation.
- Dr. Cesar Diaz: Energy-efficient scheduling in grid computing and resource allocation in opportunistic cloud computing: models and algorithms.
- Dr. Frederic Pinel: Energy – Performance Optimization in the Cloud.
- Dr. Mihail Minev: Feature Detection and Classification in Financial News. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Christian Franck: On Intersection Codes and Iterative Decoding. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Thomas Schaberreiter: Bayesian Network Based On-Line Risk Prediction Framework for Interdependent Critical Infrastructures. With University of Oulu, Finland.
- Dr. Benoit Bertholon: CertiCloud and JShadObf: Toward Integrity and Software Protection in Cloud Computing Platforms. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Matthijs Melissen: Game-theory and Logic for Non-repudiation Protocols and Attack. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Patricia Ruiz: Cross layer protocol design for ad-hoc networks/vanets. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Jedrzej Musial: Internet Shopping. With University of Poznan, Poland.
- Dr. Alexandru-Liviu Olteanu: On clustering in multiple criteria decision aid: Theory and applications. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Yining Wu. Between Argument and Conclusion - Argument-based Approaches to Discussion, Inference and Uncertainty. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Guillaume Herbiet: Protocol Optimization for ad hoc networks and realistic simulation. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Thomas Veneziano: On the stability of outranking relations: Theoretical and practical aspects. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Valerio Genovese: Modalities for access control: Logics, Proof-Theory, and Applications. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Jayanta Poray: INACS - an Incremental System to manage Conversational Streams. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Marija Slavkovik: Judgment Aggregation for Multi-Agent Systems. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Malika Mehdi: Combinatorial P2P Optimization on grids. With University of Lille, France.
- Dr. Apivadee Piyatumrong: Trust management for ad-hoc networks. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Patrice Caire: New Tools for Conviviality. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Tomasz Ignac: Tree-Based Computation in Probalistic Models. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Julien Schleich: Robust Dominating Set Based Virtual Backbones for Wireless Ad hoc Networks. With University of Metz, France.
- Dr. Sascha Kaufmann: CUBA - Artificial Conviviality and User Behaviour Analysis. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Maria Biryukov: Methods of Extracting Meta-Information from Bibliographic Databases. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Marek Ostazewski: Trust modeling for ad-hoc networks. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Serena Villata: Meta- Argumentation for Multiagent Systems: Coalition Formation, Merging Views, Subsumption Relation and Dependence Networks. With University of Torino, Italy (co-supervision).
- Dr. Michael Hilker: Network Security Through Artificial Immunity with SANA. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Marcin Seredynski: Trust modeling for ad-hoc networks. With Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Dr. Gregoire Danoy: A Multi-Agent Approach for Hybrid and Dynamic Coevolutionary Genetic Algorithms: Organizational Model and Real-World Problems Applications. With Ecole des Mines de St. Etienne.
- Dr. Luc Hogie: Delay Tolerant Networks: Modeling, Simulation and Broadcast-based Applications. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Patrick Meyer: Progressive methods in multiple criteria decision analysis. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Claude Lamboray: Prudent ranking rules: Theoretical contributions and applications. University of Luxembourg.
- Dr. Luigi Sauro: Formalizing Admissibility Criteria in Coalition Formation among Goal Directed Agents. With University of Torino, Italy (co-supervision).